More and more people are wondering if solar panels can be installed on a floor, since these equipments only report advantages and, in addition, they are very easy to use and install. In addition, it is now more important than ever to use renewable energy, as climate change is worsening as time passes. For the installation of solar panels in a building you must take into account the following aspects:
Requirements to install solar panels in the building
The installation of solar panels in the building requires compliance with a series of legal requirements and, in addition, you must bear in mind the statutes of the community of owners.
The current legislation does not put any type of impediment at the time of carrying out an installation of this magnitude. On the other hand, the Technical Building Code, since 2008, requires the installation of solar panels in new buildings for the production of sanitary hot water.
The installation has to meet a series of technical requirements, for example, a space is needed in which to place the plate (roof terrace, terrace, large common area, etc.). In addition, sunlight has to fall directly on this area for many hours a day.
Taking into account that it will be necessary for you to implement actions, and even some reform in the common areas, the knowledge and assistance of the community of owners as a decision-making body is necessary, based on this. It is convenient that you convene a meeting with all the owners to debate this issue and, later. Carry out a vote.
The Horizontal Property Law does not require that all members agree, it is only necessary that a third of the total vote in favor. In addition, the agreement must be in writing and attached to the minutes of the meeting that have been drawn up.
What materials are needed?
Throughout the installation process to put solar panels on a floor or building, from the beginning to the end, we recommend hiring a company specialized in the assembly of self-consumption networks. Before starting, it is necessary to know what materials are necessary to begin the assembly:
- Photovoltaic solar module. It is the main element of the installation since it is the one that converts solar energy into electrical energy for current. They are a series of panels made up of encapsulated silicon cells. Electrically connected to each other.
- Charge regulator. It is the device that is responsible for managing energy in a totally efficient way. The goal is to extend the life of the batteries by preventing the batteries from overcharging. In other words, it guarantees a sufficient charge in the accumulator.
- Battery. It is the piece that regulates electrical energy. It saves electricity used when operating solar panels. There are batteries with different capacities depending on the number of amps .
- Investor . This component is responsible for converting direct current into conventional. In addition, it must be the same as the one used by the electrical network. The inverter has to be totally efficient, since it must work with a very wide range of powers.
- Supports. They are the elements that keep the solar cells in their position. In addition, they have to be fixed and projected in a southerly direction.
Steps for installation
The installation of solar energy panels in the community of neighbors is easy if you take into account the steps that we are going to provide you below.
The first thing is to place the supports in the area that you have chosen. Of course, you must take into account the structure of the roof or terrace (inclined, straight, etc.). The way to anchor the support structures is very important, since it depends on whether the operation is as expected.
Next, you have to place the photovoltaic modules on the support structure so that they interconnect with each other.
Subsequently, the modules have to be connected to the electrical inverter. The panels are interconnected with each other with the modules of the same row and in parallel using MC4 connectors. With the parallel connection, directly on the inverter, the direct current part of the installation is completed. Next, the inverter has to be connected to the electrical panel.
The last part of the process is to connect the batteries, provided that you have chosen to store the energy that is generated. For this, you should have a hybrid inverter that is capable of managing the charging and discharging of the batteries.
Recommendations for the installation of solar panels
Despite the fact that the installation of solar modules in communities of owners is on the rise, it is necessary to take into account a series of factors before making the final decision:
- Energy consumption: Before deciding on the installation of solar modules in the building, it is essential that you know the energy you consume via electricity bill. Based on this, you can determine the number of panels that are necessary.
- Installation area: The space where the installation is to be carried out is essential. That is, how many square meters you have. In addition, it is necessary to analyze if the state of the soil is correct.
- Orientation: This factor is of vital importance if you want to achieve a result that meets your main objectives. Or what is the same, you cannot place the modules in an area without sun. You have to analyze which areas the sunlight influences the longest.
- Maintenance: Dirt (dust, bird droppings, litter, etc.) accumulates on the solar panels as on any other surface. Cleaning should be done an average of three or four times a year. It is enough with water and a damp cloth, in addition, you can use a specific detergent. However, for this product, we recommend consulting a specialist beforehand.
If you finally decide on a self-consumption network in the electricity supply, the electricity bill will be reduced considerably and, in addition, you will be fighting against climate change.